Friday 29 July 2011

Aunty or SIA girl? Your choice.


When K suggest to buy this trolley bag from cold storage for our groceries, i was thinking why is he so "aunty" and so keen about a trolley bag? I even told him, "WOW lau so aunty, you pull the bag yourself k.. i am not going to pull the bag to NTUC or market".:p

However,I change my mind about this trolley bag today. :)

I have invited my friends over for steamboat dinner this evening, and since K is working and I took leave, I have to go to the supermarket for steamboat ingredient shopping alone. I need to bring the trolley bag in case I bought too many things and cant manage.

How to not look like aunty when pulling that bag

1) Wear something that makes you look younger. I wore a pink top with a big smiley face and match with black shorts. (no photo as i am very bad at cam whoring..)

2)Tie up hair into a ponytail. (a very high one that swings as you walk)

My wallet/wristlet is tucked neatly into the back pocket of the trolley bag..


and I am all ready to go.:)

Head up, chest out, stomach in ,ponytail swinging and lugging the trolley bag behind me, I walked down a distance of about 2 bus stops to the NTUC.
I don't know if i am sensitive or what but i saw a lot of aunties and uncle who are on the way back from the NTUC,hands full of plastic bags looking at my bag.. Do they wish they have one of this too? :D

At the NTUC, i put the whole trolley bag into the shopping cart.. and push the cart around to get my stuffs. At the cashier, i load all the groceries which are packed into the plastic bags into the trolley bag (still on the cart). After i am done with payment, i just push the whole cart with the trolley bag on it to the shopping cart station where all the carts are parked. I met an aunty who doesnt have a dollar coin and saw me coming she paid me 2x50cent coins to get my shopping cart. haha.. i just unload the trolley bag and that's it. :) Feeling almost hands free, i lug my trolley bag to MOS burger for breakfast while it sits neatly on the ground beside me and i happily go home with my trolley bag without any sweat. When the wind blow my fringe i can even swept it away easily. LOL!!

My purchases:


My grocery trolley bag is also a "stair climber". As my unit is not on the lift landing, we have to get this type.

Look at the wheels:


I have tried going both up and down the stairs and it works! But the trolley cannot be too heavily loaded as i feel the wheels may not last long if the weight is too much for it. (its a "first choice" brand, so you know you cant expect too much)

You do not have to feel like aunty to bring a shopping trolley around, you can imagine yourself to be like SIA girl. I used to work in a co for corporate training and i am suppose to bring training props in satchi luggage trolley bag down to trainer. And i remembered the trainer commented, " wow you look like SIA girl when you pull that bag". LOL

Look forward to our steamboat dinner tonight!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. how did u get down the stairs with this trolley?
    pull it or push it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihi.. sorry i just saw your comment. (have not logged in for quite sometime..) To get down the stairs, you have to push it in front of you.. :)

    ReplyDelete